Sumitomo Metal Mining Engineering Co., Ltd. (hereinafter SMMEC) has adopted the”Code of Conduct” of Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. (SMM Group). This Code of Conduct defines its “Compliance with Laws and Regulations” and declares SMMEC to be committed to comply with laws and regulations, both inside and outside Japan.
- 1. Purpose of Use
- SMMEC collects personal data only as far as is necessary, and any use of such data is limited to the fulfillment of the hereinafter-defined Purpose of Utilization, unless otherwise required by laws and ordinances.
- 2. Notification of the Purpose of Utilization
- When acquiring personal information, SMMEC has a policy of publicly announcing the Purpose of Utilization prior to any such acquisition of personal information. Alternatively, it promptly notifies the person concerned of the Purpose of Utilization or publicly announces the Purpose of Utilization after acquisition, unless otherwise required by laws and ordinances.
- 3. Proper Acquisition of Personal Information
- SMMEC acquires personal information that is necessary to conduct its business by proper and lawful means.
- 4. Ensuring Data Accuracy
- SMMEC endeavors to maintain personal data that is accurate and up to date as far as is necessary to achieve the Purpose of Utilization.
- 5. Security Control Measures, Supervision of Employees and Trustees
- SMMEC takes the necessary and proper measures for the security control of personal data and exercises necessary and appropriate supervision over its employees and trustees to ensure the security of personal data.
- 6. Restrictions on Releasing Personal Data to a Third Party
- SMMEC never releases personal data of any person to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person the data refers to, except in cases in which the release of personal data to a third party is based on laws and regulations.